Wednesday, August 4, 2010

 

Smoking Ribs

Yesterday I decided I was going to make some spare ribs for the family.  I trimmed them up real nice and had the smoker going at just the right temp and they were looking good.  Well the dog got to them before I did.  Actually it was more my father in-laws fault and somehow I guess my fault than anything else.  My BBQ grates are a little too short they fit but there is a lot of wiggle room in there.  The dog grabbed at a piece of meat and then i ran after him he caused the ribs to fall in the fire.  I was furious said words that would make Mike Tyson blush but in the long run I learned I have to fix my grates on the smoker.  The smoker is a custom UDS that my brother and I built and I am loving it.  Best BBQ pit I think you can have if you are on a budget.  It holds temp for like an oven gives you that over the fire smoked taste and anyone in the world can build one.  The way I see it I will probably have to build one every 3-5 years but  at a little over 50 dollars in parts it sure beats a 1200 side firebox pit and a hell of a lot easier to use as well.  Go to my Youtube channel ectorgarcia to see more.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

All you need to know about barbecue
This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
Next BBQ Site - Next 5 BBQ Sites - Prev BBQ Site - Random BBQ Site
Join the BBQ ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring BBQ member sites
The Smoke Ring - All you need to know about Barbecue
A service of netRelief Consulting